01 January 2012

New Beginnings

Well, it has certainly been a long time since I posted anything substantial to this blog—just under two years to be exact. Anyway that is something I am looking to change.

Last year I made a New Years resolution to blog more. First of all I was going to clean up this blog, and move it back in the direction of just a food blog. Secondly, I was going to start an Art blog to deal with all the art that would be vacating this blog and lastly I was going to start a beer blog with the lofty goal of reviewing 52 beers over the course of the year.

To cut a long story short, it was kind of a disaster. I started the art blog but didn't really follow through on it. My beer blog was all back posted at the end of the year and this one, well, it should be fairly self-evident how well that worked.

Anyway, rather than live my life in the past and trying again to clean up this blog this year and then move forward, I have decided to, in the immortal words of Tom Cruise in Risky Business, say "Fuck it." Okay so those weren't his exact words, but I take it as artistic licence—the sentiments are the same. Rather than constantly feeling like I needed to catch up on all my blogs before I could start doing new stuff I am going to just try starting with a clean slate.

So here is my resolution for 2012. This year I will blog more. But unlike last year, I don't just want blog "more"as an abstract ethereal concept but specifically I want have the following plans:
 - Get back in the habit of doing #selfportraitfridays and posting them here
 - Complete a 365 photo a day project
 - Similarly, i would like to keep a daily blog (even if it is just a sentence or two) for the next 365 days
 - Complete 26 beer reviews over the course of the next year
 - Over the next month bring my art blog up to date with all my latest projects and actually keep it current

--
So that's my plan, those are my goals, and here is day One. I am not sure how well this is going to work, but I am going to try my damnedest to keep up with it.

Catch ya on the flipside

-pica


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have thoughts on post? Tried this recipe? Share your good/bad experience...