28 September 2009

Most Important Photograph

In my photography class we were asked to choose and display the most important photograph in our lives. After mulling over this I decided that the assignment was to difficult and how the hell was I supposed to know the most important photograph in my life? It was not like I was keeping track...

But then I thought of this:


This photo above is very important to me in many ways. It was taken at Cape Horn (the southern-most point of Africa) and I am standing with a group of some of my best friends from High School. The picture itself, was also taken by one of my favourite teachers, Mr. Sean O'Murchu, who was a mentor to me a lot of ways. This image represents all of these people to me and also the entire trip that it was taken on. I was in tenth grade and this was the only time that all four of us went (it was an annual school affiliated holiday). In addition, I find this image to be striking because it really reminds me of the minuscule nature of humanity. It is kind of sobering to see how small the people look in comparison to the bare rock and the rough seas below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have thoughts on post? Tried this recipe? Share your good/bad experience...