28 September 2009

#SelfPortraitFridays

Earlier in this summer, photocritic.org, a photo blog that I read regularly started a twitter hashtag called #selfportraitfridays. The concept was that self portraits are fun and that most photographers never take them, either because they are not narcissistic enough or they see them as too difficult to shoot. To combat that, Photocritic (see earlier post: Photographers of Interest) encouraged all the photographers who followed him to post a self portrait once a week on Friday with the tag #selfprotraitfridays so that everyone could easily search for the portraits and share tips, tricks, and encouragement amongst each other.

I, unfortunately, have a private twitter feed, so I rarely get any comments on my posts, but I do enjoy taking them, trying to make sure none of them, are conventional/boring and that each is unique in it's own special way. I also try to make sure I take time to do them every week, but sometimes I end up being too busy.

Irregardless, here they are, all my #selfportraitfridays thus far:
  1. July 24th

  2. July 31st

  3. August 7th

  4. August 14th

  5. August 21st

  6. September 4th

  7. September 18th

  8. September 25th

  9. October 30th

  10. December 11th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have thoughts on post? Tried this recipe? Share your good/bad experience...